Flying with Pelican Cases as Your Luggage
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or not, there are probably a couple of reasons why you would want to make use of your Pelican Case while you travel. Common uses of these cases during travel would be to bring along camera equipment, video equipment or a laptop computer.
Using a Pelican Case to Travel with Camera or Video Gear
For camera and video enthusiasts who want to protect their costly gear from breakage, scratches, dings, corrosion and even dust, they can find what they are looking for in Pelican cases. These Pelican camera cases meet or exceed the highest airline, military, industrial, or commercial standards. The video and camera carrying cases are designed with a lightweight space-age resin unaffected by dents, scratches, or corrosion with four times the strength to weight ratio of conventional injection molding.Once camera and video enthusiasts seal the Pelican cases, they’re air-, water-, spill- and even dust-proof, flying at 30,000 feet or submerged 30 feet below water, due to its multiple latches and a neoprene “O Ring.” Sensitive camera and video equipment is surrounded and cushioned by special closed cell foam designed to absorb shock, impact and vibration. Because the closed cell foam does not absorb water and has longer shelf life unlike open cell polyurethane, it provides continual long-term production.
Using a Pelican Case to Travel with a Laptop Computer
Pelican offers cases designed specifically for your laptop. They are the toughest and most durable airline-legal Pelican laptop cases and luggage carry-on cases on the market. Complete with side handle and convenient extension handle, it is the perfect travel rolling companion. An added value to this case is the effortless release latch for the extension handle. Also, the padlock protectors provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft.
- Fits notebook computers from 13" to 17"
- Watertight, crush-proof and dust-proof
- Retractable extension handle
- Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings (wheels made of tough, abrasion-resistant, durable material)
- Easy-to-open double throw latches
- Open cell core with solid wall design
- O-ring seal (reliable and easy-to-make seal)
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
- Comfortable rubber over-molded top and side handles
- Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
- Personalized nameplate service available
- Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
- FAA maximum carry-on size
- Two-in-one protection with detachable computer sleeve and accessories pouch
Please note when using a large case for air travel: because being fully watertight means they are also airtight, the larger cases have a finger-operated purge valve so that after flying you can equalize the case’s interior air pressure to the ambient air pressure to facilitate opening.
Pelican cases are an ideal type of luggage to use when traveling and can carry and protect almost anything you choose to take with you.